Dermatology is defined as a division of medicine that treats the disorders of the skin. A dermatologist also treats issues relating to the hair and nails. The services provided here at AboutSkin Dermatology include both cosmetic and medical.
Medical dermatology covers a number of conditions, the majority of which are related to the skin and range from acne to warts. A few of the common conditions we treat here at AboutSkin Dermatology include:
- Acne – It is estimated that about 85 percent of teens and adults will be affected by acne at some point in their life. Severe cases can result is scaring if not treated.
- Nail fungus – This can result in a nail that crumbles or thickens and can be extremely painful. It frequently begins as a spot that is yellowish or white in color.
- Moles – Most adults have at least one mole, and most are benign and no cause for alarm. If one begins to grow, change shape, color or begins oozing it needs to be examined, as this could be a sign of skin cancer.
- Psoriasis – This autoimmune condition results in thick patches of skin that are normally pink or red, and can be found anywhere on the body.
- Skin cancer – This is the most prevalent form of cancer. There are three different forms of this disease; melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and basal cell carcinoma, the last two are grouped together as non-melanoma. They can result in localized disfigurement if not treated, but rarely spread to other parts of the body. Melanoma is the most dangerous of the three; it can spread and be life threatening. The sooner a patient seeks treatment for skin cancer the better their odds are.
- Warts – These form as a result of a virus that enters the skin, normally through a cut or abrasion, they require some kind of direct contact. While there are a number of over the counter at home remedies, it is best to seek treatment from a dermatologist to prevent spreading.
This aspect of dermatology focuses on the aesthetics of the skin. Treating wrinkles is one of the most common cosmetic dermatology procedures. Other common procedures include laser hair removal, chemical peels, laser treatments, and skin tightening.
AboutSkin Dermatology has offices in Englewood and Lone Tree for our patient’s convenience. Our Englewood office is about a 20-minute drive from Denver, making it simple for residents to get the services and treatment they need. Call us today at 303.756.SKIN (7546) and schedule your appointment.
Back to Home Page
- Dermatologist Englewood - Your Englewood dermatologist can provide cosmetic and medical dermatology services
When most patients think about the organs in their body, they think about their heart, lungs, kidney, or liver. However, your skin is an organ as well.
- Dermatology Services in Englewood - Dermatology services to look and feel younger in Englewood
- 80113 Dermatologist - 80133 region patients ask, "Do I need a dermatologist?"
- Dermatologist Near Englewood, CO - When should Englewood, CO, patients visit a dermatologist?
- Dermatologist in Denver - How your Dermatologist in Denver can help you
- Dermatologist in Englewood - Cosmetic treatments from your Dermatologist in Englewood