Everyone has heard the expression “put your best face forward,” but this is not always easy when it has been scarred by acne, damaged by the sun, or has wrinkles. Cosmetic dermatology can be beneficial in treating all of those conditions and many more.
The field of cosmetic dermatology is perpetually changing. New products are being introduced, as are new technologies and treatment options. The staff at AboutSkin Dermatology stays up to date on all of the changes in the field to provide our patients with the best options available for their skin care issues.
Time spent outside in the sun maybe fun for you, but your skin does not enjoy it. It can result in premature wrinkles, sun spots, or skin cancer. Sun spots are those darkly pigmented areas of skin that are sometimes called age spots can be lightened or removed with the use of laser treatments. Chemical peels can also be beneficial when treating sun damaged skin. Your dermatologist at AboutSkin Dermatology will discuss your options with you and come up with a customized treatment plan.
While many adults suffer from acne, it is most common among adolescents. In severe cases, it can leave scars that will last a lifetime unless they are treated. Different types of scars require different treatments. The depth, size, and color determine the best treatment for your scarring. Often, they are treated using lasers such as Photodynamic Therapy. This particular treatment can be used to treat active acne breakouts as well as old scars caused by acne. Chemical peels can be used to treat some forms of scarring. Your dermatologist will determine what is best for you.
Dermal fillers (Juvederm, Radiesse, and Belotero to name a few options) and neuromodulators (Xeomen, Dysport, and Botox) are most commonly used to reverse the signs of ageing. Neuromodulators can relax the muscles responsible for dynamic wrinkles and dermal fillers can effectively plump the voids that result in static wrinkles. The result is a more youthful looking skin.
There are other treatments options available to help maintain youthful looking skin. Skin tightening can reverse sagging skin. SilkPeel or Dermasweep are also be used when treating wrinkles. There are a number of options available, and you can rest assured the staff at AboutSkin Dermatology will work to create the perfect treatment plan for you.
With two convenient locations in Englewood and Lone Tree, it is easy for patients to take care of their dermatology needs. Give us a call today at 303.756.SKIN (7546) to schedule your consultation.
Back to Home Page
- Dermatologist Englewood - Your Englewood dermatologist can provide cosmetic and medical dermatology services
When most patients think about the organs in their body, they think about their heart, lungs, kidney, or liver. However, your skin is an organ as well.
- Dermatology Services in Englewood - Dermatology services to look and feel younger in Englewood
- 80113 Dermatologist - 80133 region patients ask, "Do I need a dermatologist?"
- Dermatologist Near Englewood, CO - When should Englewood, CO, patients visit a dermatologist?
- Dermatology Denver - Services offered by a dermatology practice in the Denver area
- Dermatologist in Denver - How your Dermatologist in Denver can help you
- Dermatologist in Englewood - Cosmetic treatments from your Dermatologist in Englewood
- Dermatologist in Lone Tree - Handling skin cancer with your dermatologist in Lone Tree