Lasers and light devices are essential tools in the practice of modern dermatology. At AboutSkin Dermatology we use a wide variety of lasers and light devices for the treatment of several different skin conditions.
Laser procedures work by precise heating of tissue that occurs when laser energy is absorbed within the skin. Each skin condition responds best to a particular type of laser or light device.
Our physicians are well trained in identifying the most appropriate laser or light treatment for your particular need. We aim to maximize results while minimizing unwanted side effects. We are committed to offering the most up-to-date laser and light-based technologies that have proven efficacy and safety.
Conditions we treat with lasers and light devices:
- Broken blood vessels
- Hemangiomas (birthmarks)
- Port-wine stains
- Poikiloderma (sun damage changes on neck and chest)
- Lentigos (sun spots)
- Seborrheic keratosis
Laser and Light-based devices offered at AboutSkin Dermatology:
- Lip lines
- Crepey eyelid wrinkling
- Full face, chest, neck
- Texture, pores, skin laxity
- Sun-damaged / aged skin
- Acne and acne scars
- Actinic keratoses (precancerous lesions)
- Unwanted hair
- MaxG, Max Y, Max R Intense-pulsed-light (IPL)
- Ablative fractionalErbium:Yag (including Groove)
- Non-ablative fractional 1540nm XF and XD
- Broad-band-light (BBL, FotoFacial)
- Ablative fractional Erbium:Yag (Profractional)
- Microlaser peel
- Full-field ablative Erbium:Yag (TRL)
- CO2RE fractional C02 resurfacing
- Vbeam Perfecta pulsed-dye laser (PDL)
- Cynergy pulsed-dye and long-pulse Nd:Yag laser
- Acleara Acne Clearing System
AboutSkin is a national training site for the Starlux Pulsed Light and Laser System by Palomar, and we have been recognized as a national center of excellence for our demonstration of techniques to other Dermatologists.
It is important that you meet first with one of our providers to come up with a plan that works best for your particular concerns. Multiple treatments and sometimes combinations of lasers may be necessary to maximize your results.
Whether you want to rejuvenate your skin, address sun damage, or permanently reduce hair in a specific area, AboutSkin Dermatology is well-equiped with the techniques, tools, and skill to produce the results you deserve. Contact us for your cosmetic consultation.
- Lasers Denver - Lasers replace razors in Englewood/South Denver and Lone Tree
- Laser and Light-based therapy Englewood - South Denver-Englewood and Lone Tree patients benefit from the latest laser and light based therapy
"Dr. Cohen is a wonderfully skilled surgeon. I went to him as I was told he was "the man" for botox, restylane and lasers. Not only did he do a fantastic job that looks completely natural (with a laser called "The Groove"), but he even found a skin cancer near my eye. He did Mohs surgery on it, and you simply can't even see a scar. I found him to be totally down-to-earth and humble, but I did found out that he is very very famous. His staff was wonderful and caring as well. I have sent my husband and friends in.