Anti-aging in treatment Englewood/South Denver with Botox
Humankind has searched for the proverbial “fountain of youth” since ancient times. Although we cannot offer you a magic formula that will stop time, modern aesthetic medicine is the next best thing. Today, we can combat the signs of aging with science and advanced technology.
We know that the aging process is complex, and manifests differently in each individual. There is no single product or procedure capable of turning back the clock. There isn’t a standard solution, guaranteed to work for everyone. Our team of certified dermatologists evaluates each patient individually to devise a customized treatment plan. This plan often includes a neuromodulator, such as Botox.
Understanding facial aging
In youth, skin tends to be firm and smooth, with an elastic quality. Over time, you will notice the formation of fine lines gradually progressing to deep lines, wrinkles, and a generally saggy appearance. There are several reasons this occurs:
- The breakdown in collagen and elastin causes skin to lose its elasticity.
- The thinning of the fat layer under skin and a decrease in production of components such as collagen deplete facial volume.
- Muscle contractions associated with years of repetitive facial expressions eventually form pleats in the skin. These “dynamic wrinkles” disappear when a younger person relaxes their face, but they become etched in over the years.
- Dehydration, sun damage, or other skin problems affect the texture and laxity of the skin.
While many people think of dermal fillers as the cure-all for wrinkles, they cannot solve all of these problems. Therefore, the most beautiful and natural results are achieved by addressing each of the factors causing your skin to appear aged.
- Dermal fillers (like Restylane, JuveDerm, or Belotero) help restore lost volume, and some types also stimulate collagen production.
- Topical treatments (like DNA repair such as Urbane Renewal, or growth factor such as NeoCutis BioCream) and laser skin resurfacing may be recommended to improve the skin’s texture and tone.
- A skin tightening procedure can promote collagen remodeling to help firm up loose skin.
- Neuromodulators, (like Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin) can accomplish what no other treatment does. These products are used to interfere with muscle contraction. When injected in precise amounts, these can reduce the appearance of muscle-related wrinkles and lines. The most popular location for injection is the frown lines, also referred to as the “elevens” between the brows; the forehead lines and crow’s feet also respond well. Nobody wants a “frozen” look – our goal is to maintain a natural look with individualized dosing customized to your appearance.
Let us help you discover your most youthful, most beautiful skin. Call AboutSkin Dermatology and DermSurgery, PC at 303.756.(7546) (Englewood/South Denver office) or 303.799.(4260) (Lone Tree office) and schedule an aesthetic consultation.