Laser and Light Sources
Lasers and light devices are essential tools in the practice of modern dermatology. At AboutSkin Dermatology we use a wide variety of lasers and light devices for the treatment of several different skin conditions.
Laser procedures work by precise heating of tissue that occurs when laser energy is absorbed within the skin. Each skin condition responds best to a particular type of laser or light device.
Our physicians are well trained in identifying the most appropriate laser or light treatment for your particular need. We aim to maximize results while minimizing unwanted side effects. We are committed to offering the most up-to-date laser and light-based technologies that have proven efficacy and safety.
Conditions treated with lasers
- Lentigos (sun spots)
- Seborrheic keratosis
- Broken blood vessels
- Hemangiomas (birthmarks)
- Port-wine stains
- Poikiloderma (sun damage changes on neck and chest)
- Texture, pores, skin laxity
- Sun-damaged / aged skin
- Acne and acne scars
- Actinic keratoses (precancerous lesions)
- Unwanted hair
- Lip lines
- Crepey eyelid wrinkling
- Full face, chest, neck
Laser and Light-based devices offered at AboutSkin Dermatology
- MaxG: Intense-pulsed-light (IPL) MaxY, MaxR, MaxRs (Hair removal).
- Ablative fractional (including Groove)
- Non-ablative fractional 1540nm XF and XD
- Cynergy pulsed-dye and long-pulse Nd:Yag laser
- TheraClear Acne Clearing System
- CO2RE fractional C02 resurfacing
- Vbeam Perfecta pulsed-dye laser (PDL)
- Infini RF f(microneedling with radiofrequency)
- Spectra (Dual mode Q-switched nd:Yag Laser)
- Broad-band-light (BBL)
- Ablative fractional Erbium:Yag (ProFractional)
- Microlaser peel
- Full-field ablative Erbium:Yag (NuRadiance)
- HALO hybrid fractional resurfacing
AboutSkin is a national training site for several laser companies, and we have been recognized as a national center of excellence for our demonstration of techniques to other Dermatologists.
It is important that you meet first with one of our providers to come up with a plan that works best for your particular concerns. Multiple treatments and sometimes combinations of lasers may be necessary to maximize your results.
Whether you want to rejuvenate your skin, address sun damage, or permanently reduce hair in a specific area, AboutSkin Dermatology is well-equiped with the techniques, tools, and skill to produce the results you deserve. Contact us for your cosmetic consultation.